How To Know If You Need A Foundation Inspection
The signs to look out for when it comes to bowed basement walls include uneven floors, cracked or bowed walls, and bowed window frames. If you notice any of these signs, then it is important that you seek professional help right away. This way, the problem can be rectified before more serious damage occurs.
Another sign of bowed basement walls is the presence of moisture in your basement. As the pressure increases on your foundation due to bowing, water may seep through and into your home. The best way to check for this is by inspecting your basement regularly for any standing water or damp patches in the floor or walls.
Should also pay attention to any changes in your house’s structure. If you notice any cracks in the walls or floors of your home, then there is a chance that bowed basement walls may be the cause. You should have these changes assessed as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
In addition to the signs of bowed basement walls mentioned earlier, there are several other indicators that may suggest a need for foundation inspection:
1. Doors and windows that stick or don’t open or close properly can be a sign that your foundation has shifted, causing the frames to become misaligned.
2. Gaps between walls and ceilings or floors: If you notice gaps between walls and ceilings or floors, this could be a sign that your foundation is settling or shifting.
3. Sagging or uneven floors: If you notice that your floors are sagging or uneven, this could indicate that your foundation is shifting or sinking.
4. Cracks in the exterior of your home: Cracks in the exterior walls, brickwork, or masonry of your home can be a sign that your foundation is shifting or settling.
5. Chimney tilting or separating from the house: If you notice that your chimney is tilting or separating from the house, this could be a sign of foundation issues.
If you observe any of these signs, it’s important to contact a qualified foundation inspector or engineer to assess your foundation’s condition. Early detection and intervention can help prevent further damage and costly repairs in the long run.
Ultimately, it is important to stay vigilant for any signs of bowed basement walls so that you can take appropriate action quickly and prevent further damage from occurring. By doing this, you can ensure that your home’s foundation stays strong and secure.